Guest Blogging: Advice and Opportunity
If you’re a supplier or distributor within the promotional items industry, chances are you struggle, at least to a certain degree, to get noticed. The industry is constantly growing and expanding, and it may take some time to build your brand and get recognized. But one way to do so is by guest blogging on other sites.
According to SEOMoz, a Web site that allows companies to effectively manage their SEO and monitor their social media, “Guest blogging and guest authorship across websites other than your own is a fantastic strategy to build your brand, get in front of new people, earn some links back to your site, and earn the recognition from other communities that can lead to all sorts of good marketing opportunities in the future.” But how can you keep it high quality and make it worthwhile? SEOMoz’s Rand Fishkin offers the following advice:
- Pitch to write for blogs within your niche
- Pay attention to Web sites’ Domain Authority, Page Authority, and other metrics that may be helpful
- Try to gauge how big of an audience a blog has
- Be wary of blogs that seem to take guest posts from everywhere; they’re more likely low-quality and may not help you at all
- Build relationships first, reach out about guest blogging after
- Optimize content for the blog’s audience
- Incorporate embeddable content that reference back to your site
Here at Promotional Items Buzz, we’re happy to work with you on creating a guest blog post. If this is something you might be interested in, feel free to leave a comment! Together, we can create a supportive community within the promotional items industry.